Crete is a special island. It is 5 million years old, located in the middle of the Mediterranean at equal distance to Europe, Africa Asia. It is obvious to have special nature with various influences. The endemic character (10 % of the species) and the diversity of ecosystems are essential features of its nature.
The large mountain areas above 2000 meters along the length of the island, often snowy, act like natural dams for the weather. They create rain , store water and cause diversity in ecosystems.
So visitors will be surprised when in a short time from the exotic beaches, they could find themselves in cool ravines filled with herbs or oak, in green fields with orchards or even in the Alpine region of its mountains.
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Sponsorships - for reasons of reliability - are not with money, but with items purchased and delivered to the park, or a sponsorship might simply be to supply goods or services.
Our sponsors have the following privileges:
1. Membership card with unlimited free entry to the park for immediate family members.
2. Inscription indicating the sponsor on the website, in the park and if possible in printed materials.
3. A T-shirt with the logo of the park.
4. A 25% discount on children's parties and other park activities.
If you want to help, please contact us to find out what you can do, according to our needs and your own preferences.
Of course, you can also offer objects or materials essential to the day-to-day operations of the park. For example:
- Wood, metal grids and other such materials are always needed, as the park will expand and the habitats will be enriched.
- Services such as making videos, creating informative material, presentations by SMEs etc on your website are always useful.
- We also need caravans, tents, sleeping bags and other such items for volunteers and for the best hospitality.
Those people that come from other parts of the world usually stay for a few weeks or more. They live in the park and by doing so, have a creative travel experience.
If you wish to take part in the park's voluntary program, contact: www.helpx.net
or you can login and find our direct profile in helpx: